How to program the Encoded Media universal IR remote control
Encoded Media's learning or 'universal' programmable remote control can be programmed with third party IR codes from other control units.
Identifying your remote
The learning or so-called "universal" IR remote controls for IPTV 250m and IPTV 350m set-top boxes supplied by Encoded Media have two power buttons, one red and one blue. These buttons are easily visible in the first row on both styles of remote:
To enable your Encoded Media IR remote control to learn the IR output of another remote from a third-party device, a learning remote is required.
Encoded Media "Slimline" IR learning remote control
Hold down both the Blue S tandby and A/V button beneath it for around 3 seconds. When the light of the blue button stops blinking or turns brighter, it means the device is ready to learn.
Press the button on the Encoded Media remote that you want to program. The light will start blinking.
Place the front of the two remotes opposite each other, then hold the button you wish to copy on the remote of the other device for 2 seconds.
After the green light gives two quick blinks, you may continue programming other buttons. Repeat the procedure described above for all buttons you want to program for controlling external devices.
Press the Blue Standby and A/V buttons or leave the remote untouched for a few moments to save the programmed data. The light should turn off.
Encoded Media IR learning remote control (old model)
- Press and hold TV SET on the universal IR remote. The LED will glow brightly when ready to accept codes.
- Tap the button on the universal IR remote you wish to program. The LED will begin flashing continuously.
- Pointing your third party IR remote at the universal IR remote, tap the button whose function you wish to replicate. The LED on the universal IR remote will flash a few times and then remain lit.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 above to program further buttons.
- When you are finished, press TV SET.