Changing where Video Publisher stores and manages your recordings
When you installed Video Publisher, the Encoded Media setup program will ask you where any recordings you make should be stored:
By default, the folder for all Video Publisher content is set to the following directory:
The content root for your location may be different from the default value shown above. Please be sure to ask your network administrator before proceeding.
At a later date, you may wish to change this location, such as when connecting a new external USB storage device, or when accessing shared content via a folder on the network.
To change the content root folder, take the following steps:
- Start Video Publisher or Duet Recorder.
- Click the down arrow next to the Setup button on the toolbar and choose Program options from the pop-up menu:
- Select the Files and Folders tab.
- In the Recordings group box, you can either type or paste the new location into the text field at the very top, or click the Browse button and locate the folder by selection:
- Click the OK button to save your changes and return to the main screen.
Changing the content root to a new location will not affect your current recordings in the existing content folder. No files are copied, moved or destroyed when you change the content root location.