Screencasting to an IPTV set-top box or ONELAN NTB
To clone your computer desktop on one or more wall displays couldn't be simpler with Encoded Media Screencast and IPTV 250m set-top boxes.
To setup Screencast on your source PC
Download the installer from the following location:
Run the installer, supply the licence key to complete the setup process, then start the Screencast application by choosing it from your Start Menu.
Previewing the Screencast stream
Click the ▼ down arrow on the selection box beneath the preview window and choose Preview Screencast.
A browser window will open showing a live preview of your stream, with your Screencast URL visible in the browser address bar:
In the above example, the Screencast URL is http://192.168.10.180/stb/
Displaying the Screencast
To configure Screencast for Encoded Media IPTV 250m set-top boxes
- At the Connecting screen, press Menu on your IR remote control.
- When asked to enter your PIN number, use the number buttons to enter the default PIN (0000) and press OK.
- In the Primary source address field on the General tab, enter the IP address or hostname of the Screencast PC. If you need to enter letters or characters (for example, a colon to denote a port other than 80), press the keyboard icon on your IR remote control to bring up the virtual keyboard.
- Use the arrow keys to select the Save button at the bottom. Press OK and then OK again to commit your changes.
To configure Screencast for ONELAN Net-Top Boxes (NTBs)
- On the NTB web interface, select the Specials tab and add your Screencast URL (e.g. http://192.168.10.180/stb) as an External Web Page:
- Click Activate Schedule and Layouts to start showing the Screencast within your NTB template:
|Try using the IP Address of the Windows PC rather than a hostname if the NTB doesn't work|
To change the port that Screencast uses
The default port for Screencast is 80. To change the port value, do the following:
- Click the down arrow next to the Setup button on the main toolbar and choose Program Options from the pop-up menu.
- Choose the Network tab.
- Change the Port value in the Web Server section, then hit the OK button.
- Restart the application for your change to take effect.
Screencast is delivered using the HTTP protocol which may be blocked by personal firewalls (default port 80). Please ensure that your firewall is set to allow the HTTP stream as required.
Selecting just one application
Click the down arrow next to the Screencasting button and choose Configure Capture from the pop-up menu.
On the configuration screen, select from the drop-down box at the top whether you wish to capture the Whole desktop area, or an individual application which will be listed together with their icons for easier identification.
Click the Close button to return to the main screen.