Getting logs from TV Server
Your network administrator or helpdesk agent may require detailed logs from your TV Server in order to help them troubleshoot the appliance's behaviour or issues on the network.
To view logs in your browser
A log viewer is by default available in the web administration interface. To access it, perform the following steps:
- Connect to your server's web administration interface.
- Expand the Status node on the left hand navigation menu to reveal further options System and Logs.
- Tap the Logs link in the menu.
To view verbose (i.e. much more detailed) logs, tap the Show Detailed log button in the bottom right. To reload the log view, tap Refresh.
To download logs to your desktop
You may be asked to download your appliance's logs so that you can email them as an attachment. To do so, perform the following steps:
- With the logs screen still open, tap the small down arrow next to the Download button in the bottom right.
- From the pop-up menu that appears, tap This log as a text file to view the current service log period as a plain text file. Tap the Zip file of all logs to download all system logs, and Zip file of all logs (including history) to download all log files that are available on the server.
When communicating with an Encoded Media service desk agent, it's best to choose one of the two zip file options.