Including HD channels in legacy channel lists
By default, your TV Server or HD Encoder appliance omits all HD channel entries from the login XML that is provided to older legacy playback software.
Updating your server configuration
To include HD channels, you will need to make changes to your etvd.conf.
- Connect to the server's console interface.
- Select Maintenance (5), then Advanced (4), then Launch Command Shell (3)
- Edit the TV Server configuration file directly with the following command:
- Assuming there isn't an existing line defining the setting you are about to create, add the following to the bottom of the file:
- Press CTRL+X to exit. When prompted to save, press Y. When prompted for the filename, press Enter to use the existing one.
[General] includeHDChannelsForLegacyPlayers=1 [Network] loginMulticastProtocol = emcast loginMulticastProtocol_HD = udp
To apply the change you've made
- either connect to the console and choose Control (4), TV Server Control (1), then Restart (3)
- or visit the Status page on the web interface and click Restart