HD subtitles on ONELAN NTBs and VLC media player
If you use third party devices such as a ONELAN Net-Top Box (NTB) or VLC media player to watch HD channels from a TV Server, by default HD subtitles are disabled.
To view them, you will need to make a small change to your TV Server configuration and this document describes that process.
Enabling HD subtitles involves making changes to your etvd.conf.
- Connect to the server's console interface.
- Select Maintenance (5), then Advanced (4), then Launch Command Shell (3)
- Edit the TV Server configuration file directly with the following command:
- Assuming there isn't an existing line defining the setting you are about to create, add the following to the bottom of the file:
- Press CTRL+X to exit. When prompted to save, press Y. When prompted for the filename, press Enter to use the existing one.
[General] sendHDSubtitles = true
To apply the change you've made
- either connect to the console and choose Control (4), TV Server Control (1), then Restart (3)
- or visit the Status page on the web interface and tap Restart