Change the way TV Server handles loss of signal data
TV Server appliances reboot when signal data from the TV aerial is corrupt or stops being received for a predetermined amount of time.
To modify this behaviour, you will need to make a small change to your TV Server configuration and this document describes that process.
TV Server platform 4.2 and earlier.
Preventing the server from rebooting involves making changes to your etvd.conf.
- Connect to the server's console interface.
- Select Maintenance (5), then Advanced (4), then Launch Command Shell (3)
- Edit the TV Server configuration file directly with the following command:
- Assuming there isn't an existing line defining the setting you are about to create, add the following to the bottom of the file:
- Press CTRL+X to exit. When prompted to save, press Y. When prompted for the filename, press Enter to use the existing one.
[General] dvbRecoveryRebootMs = 0
To apply the change you've made
- either connect to the console and choose Control (4), TV Server Control (1), then Restart (3)
- or visit the Status page on the web interface and tap Restart