Cannot UNC browse to TV Server or HD Encoder
Later versions of Windows 10 throw a variety of seemingly unrelated error messages when you attempt to browse to a TV Server or HD Encoder using UNC paths.
TV Server version 3.x and earlier
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Windows Server, version 1709 and later versions
Changing your TV Server's Samba configuration requires making changes to a core configuration file.
- Connect to the server's console interface.
- Select Maintenance (5), then Advanced (4), then Launch Command Shell (3)
- Edit the TV Server configuration file directly with the following command:
- Add the following to the bottom of the file:
- Press CTRL+X to exit. When prompted to save, press Y. When prompted for the filename, press Enter to use the existing one.
- Restart the SMB daemon with the following command.
client ntlmv2 auth = yes lanman auto = no ntlm auth = no server signing = required usershare allow guests = no
- Open the Windows Start Menu, type windows features and select Turn Windows features on or off from the selection:
- Scroll down the list to SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and check the box to enable it:
- Press OK and restart if prompted to do so.