Initial configuration of your Encoded Media IPTV 250m set-top box
The process for setting up and configuring your set-top box has been designed to be as straightforward as possible. It is detailed below.
You will need:
- A wired network connection and Ethernet cable to connect the set-top box to your network.
- A display screen with an HDMI socket and an HDMI cable to connect it to the output of the set-top box.
- Two power outlets both for the set-top box and for the display screen.
- The IP address or hostname of your primary TV Server or HD Encoder head-end appliance. This appliance will be connected to a terrestrial aerial, a satellite dish or to an HDMI source, or combination of all three.
- The IP address your set-top box will use. Typically, this address will be provided automatically by a DHCP server but may instead be determined manually by your IT department or administrator.
Press the cog ⚙️ icon on your IR remote control and enter the PIN code on the Settings screen.
General tab, provide the IP address for your TV Server or HD Encoder head-end appliance. Tip: You can also connect a keyboard and type a hostname.
Green button on the IR remote control to select the
Advanced tab and select the video output suitable for the connected display.
Yellow button on the IR remote to select the
Other tab and provide a location name for the box. This information is helpful when you have multiple boxes reporting information into a desktop tool such as IPTV Manager.
- Select the Save button in the lower left and press OK on the remote to store the changes you have made and reboot the set-top box.