Enabling both network ports on a dual LAN TV Server or Omni-Server
Your TV Server platform may include dual network ports, yet the appliance may have one of those ports disabled either at the factory or at the point of installation.
To enable both ports, follow the steps below.
Diagnosing the configuration
- Connect to the server's console interface by reading this article.
- At the main menu, choose Maintenance (5), then Advanced (4) then Launch Command Shell (3)
At the command shell, enter the following command:
On a dual LAN system with both ports connected, you should see a response similar to the following:
eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-FD, link ok eth1: negotiated 1000baseT-FD flow-control, link ok
On a dual LAN system with only one port connected, you should see a response similar to the following:
eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-FD, link oketh1: no link
The no link tells you the cable has been physically removed from the rear of the appliance. In the event you have a dual LAN appliance but do not see two entries described in the response then the port has been disabled in the BIOS, for example:
eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-FD, link ok<br>
DFI SB600-C Hardware Platform: Enabling both LAN ports in the BIOS
- Connect a keyboard and monitor to your TV Server or Omni-Server appliance.
- Access the TV Server or Omni-Server web administration interface and click Reboot System on the Status page.
- When you see either the Encoded Media or American Megatrends logos, hit Delete on the keyboard.
- Use the cursor keys to navigate to the Chipset tab in the BIOS.
- Again using the cursor keys, highlight the South Bridge menu entry and press Enter.
- Highlight the PCI Express Configuration menu entry and press Enter.
- Enable both LAN1 Control and LAN2 Control by highlighting Disabled and pressing Enter. Choose Enabled from the pop-up menu that appears, and press Enter again to save this selection.
- With both ports left Enabled, press Esc on the keyboard twice to go back to the Chipset tab.
- Use the cursor keys to navigate to the Save & Exit tab in the BIOS.
- Highlight the Save changes and exit entry and press Enter, then Y to confirm.