Rescanning and retuning your TV Server v2.x
Tuning or retuning your TV Server is a simple matter of visiting the appliance's status page and then selecting one of four differing tuning methods to rescan for available channels.
Rescanning for channels
To begin tuning, connect to your server's web administration interface and click the Status link on the left column. The scanning options are available by clicking the drop-down arrow next to the Re-scan button on the bottom toolbar.
Suitable for DVB-S and DVB-S2 reception. Takes very little time. Identifies the satellite in question by tuning to the first transponder it can find. The one time to use a pointing scan is if your or an engineer have added a new card to the appliance.
Suitable for almost all scenarios. Pointing scan for DVB-S cards and for T cards scans all available frequencies for channels much like a domestic TV. This is ideal for when you move the TV Server to a new geographic location, or you are aware that channels have been moved.
For engineer use only. Ideal for when channels have been moved but there are no new transponders available.
For engineer use only
Clicking the Re-scan button without choosing an option from the pop-up menu will trigger a Location scan.
Once your scan has completed and the new, updated channels are safely stored in the TV Server appliance database, you should visit the Channels and Tuning section of the web interface in order to apply the changes.
The reason for retuning is because channels can change not only location but also name; in the event you see Failed to tune on the Status interface after a rescan you will need to retune.
- On the web administration page, click on Channels and Tuning in the left navigation pane.
- Click to select the card whose channels have failed to tune.
- On the right side of the toolbar menu above the channel listing, click the Select a channel group dropdown.
- Type the name of the channel you want to tune, highlight the channel group containing it and press OK.
- Reselect the channel in the channel listing by putting a checkmark in the corresponding Enable column.
- If prompted, restart the service either by clicking the prompt in the top corner of the screen, or returning to the Status page in the navigation pane and clicking the Restart button in the bottom toolbar.