Disabling anonymous SMB access (SAMBA)
TV Server and HD Encoder appliances allow anonymous Samba access by default. This setting can be changed by editing a configuration file on the server.
TV Server version 3.x and later
Changing your TV Server's Samba configuration requires making changes to a core configuration file.
- Connect to the server's console interface.
- Select Maintenance (5), then Advanced (4), then Launch Command Shell (3)
- Edit the TV Server shares directly with the following command:
- Modify every instance of the following setting:
- Press CTRL+X to exit. When prompted to save, press Y. When prompted for the filename, press Enter to use the existing one.
- Restart the SMB daemon with the following command.
guest ok = yesso that it instead reads:
guest ok = no